Another article I recently contributed to on Romper!
These Are The 3 Zodiac Signs You’re Most Likely To Get Divorced From
Sometimes, no matter how hard you try to make it happen, relationships just don’t work. If you’re anything like me, these ill-fated romances can be frustrating to say the least. You might even wish you had your own crystal ball or fairy godmother to help you avoid potentially problematic partners and steer your love life in the right direction. Although that fantasy has yet to become a reality, you can still look to the stars for help determining the zodiac signs you’d most likely get divorced from, based on your sign. Though the cosmos don’t necessarily contain all the answers to your courtship questions, the ancient art of astrology can at least be your guide.
It also helps to know a bit about the general qualities of each sign. You probably already know that a Cancer can be crabby and a Scorpio’s sting packs a punch. That’s why, as relationship expert and psychic Amira Celon tells Romper, “the signs you would most likely get divorced by are the dual ones — Gemini, Pisces and Libra.” The complex nature of these signs can make it difficult to focus on just one relationship, Celon further explains. There aren’t exactly absolutes when it comes to astrology, but you can get an idea of which zodiac signs you’d most likely get divorced from, based on your sign.
Aries (March 21 to April 19)
Since the first sign of the zodiac tends to be stubborn and aggressive like its ram mascot, as Astrology Zodiac Signs noted, then you probably won’t do well with a partner who insists on butting heads.
- Leo — “Aries is likely to get divorced from a Leo because they both need to be the center of attention,” life coach and astrologer Suzie Kerr Wright tells Romper. But what about the fact that they share elements? “Even though they are both Fire signs, what brings them together may ultimately tear them apart,” Wright explains.
- Scorpio — According to Astrology, since Aries is a Fire sign and Scorpio is Water sign, “it’s too much water dampening Aries’s enthusiasm.” On the other hand, your fiery temper could put Scorpio off, too.
- Cancer — Sometimes opposites attract, but that’s not the case with this sign. “The impatience of Aries and the slow, emotional serenade of Cancer don’t go well together,” according to Astrology Zodiac Signs. You both operate at different speeds and one person will always feel frustrated with the imbalanced pace.
Similar to Aries, a Taurus is known for being a bull-headed, grounded Earth sign, according to What’s Your Sign. Putting down roots may be important to you, but a partner with loftier values won’t want to stay put.
- Aquarius — According to Astrology Zodiac Signs, “Taurus and Aquarius are people from two different worlds — of Earth and Air — they can be so far apart that they can’t find anything to talk about.”
- Sagittarius — “Taurus prefers the comforts of home and to be king of the castle and Sagittarius is always on a mission — somewhere else,” Wright tells Romper.
- Gemini — “Gemini may see Taurus as a bit dull while Taurus may see Gemini as flighty and lacking in substance,” Astrology noted.
Gemini (May 21 to June 20)
Represented by twins, it’s no coincidence that Air sign Gemini is ruled by duality, as Astrology noted. Your adaptable nature may come off as fickle to a mismatched significant other.
- Virgo — “When Virgo starts doubting and analyzing everything, Gemini will simply fly away,” Astrology Zodiac Signs noted.
- Capricorn — “Gemini is the sign of the mischievous twins,” millennnial astrologer Valerie Mesa tells Romper. “Capricorn, on the other hand, is incredibly focused, ambitious, and conservative.”
- Pisces — “Gemini cannot handle the depth of emotion Pisces brings to the table,” Wright says.
Cancer (June 21 to July 22)
They’re not exactly crabby, but according to What’s Your Sign, usually a Cancer is an introverted Water sign. So they probably don’t appreciate it when their partner constantly tries to pull them out of their shell.
- Libra — “Libras tend to be too flirtatious and Cancer needs a lot of reassurance,” Wright tells Romper.
- Aquarius — “They’re the left-brain and Cancer is the right,” Mesa says. “They prefer logic over intuition, and Cancer’s sensitive soul cannot handle it.”
- Aries — According to Astrology, “Aries is rash and brash while Cancer is sensitive and emotional,” which can cause hurt feelings on either side.
Leo (July 23 to Aug. 22)
There’s a reason a group of lions is called a pride. As Astrology noted, a Leo is bold, borders on arrogant, and ruled by the element of Fire. You’re definitely not interested in anyone trying to tame you.
- Virgo — According to Astrology Zodiac Signs, “Leo and Virgo tend to be too rational — rarely a good foundation for the fairy tale love they secretly wish for.”
- Scorpio — “Scorpio is super passive aggressive,” Mesa says. “This will easily spark Leo’s temper, and their ego will not survive the pain.”
- Aries — “This combo could spark some intense flames but burn out very quickly,” Wright tells Romper. The brief intensity might not be worth the emotional toll it can take.
Virgo (Aug. 23 to Sept. 22)
If the Earth-ruled sixth sign of the zodiac was a fictional character, it’d be Benedict Cumberbatch’s version of Sherlock Holmes. “Virgos are always paying attention to the smallest details,” as Astrology Zodiac Signs noted. Your middle name may as well be Analytical.
- Aquarius — “Aquarians have their own way of doing things and Virgo tends to like things done their way,” Wright tells Romper
- Pisces — “Virgo needs order, routine and cleanliness to survive. Dreamy Pisces, on the other hand, prefers fantasy over reality,” Mesa says.
- Aries — “The adventurous nature of an Aries can prove too much to handle for a more cautious Virgo after the initial excitement wears off,” Wright shares.
Libra (Sept. 23 to Oct. 22)
According to What’s Your Sign, Libra is an Air sign that highly values balance, hence the representation of scales. Anyone who tries to disrupt your sense of harmony probably won’t be around for long.
Scorpio (Oct. 23 to Nov. 21)
- Pisces — “Libras are likely to divorce a Pisces due to their extremes,” Wright tells Romper. “Libras need balance and Pisces struggles with this.”
- Virgo — “The complete opposite of meticulous Virgo,” Mesa says. “Libra wants harmony and Virgo wants order.”
- Cancer — “Cancers like stability and Libra shies away from too much ‘normal,'” Wright says. Basically, a homebody and a social butterfly rarely mesh.
It’s no surprise that the eighth sign of the zodiac is as powerful as a crashing wave. A Scorpio is, “intense, passionate and filled with desire,” as Astrology noted. You’ll need a significant other who can handle your energy.
- Gemini — According to Astrology Zodiac Signs, “to Gemini, their partner will seem too dark for no apparent reason, and for Scorpio, this could be an experience with no depth.”
- Leo — “Leo would simply exhaust them, both mentally and emotionally,” Mesa tells Romper. “Their relentless need for attention will make Scorpio nauseous.”
- Sagittarius — “Sagittarius needs a lot of freedom and Scorpios can be very jealous and need the type of closeness with a partner that Sagittarius doesn’t care for,” Wright tells Romper.
Sagittarius (Nov. 22 to Dec. 21)
According to Astrology Zodiac Signs, Fire sign Sagittarius is curious, impatient, and driven. When you set your mind to explore something, you don’t want anything — or specifically your SO — to hold you back.
- Leo — “Sagittarius is likely to divorce a Leo because Leos require more attention than Sagittarius is willing to give,” Wright shares with Romper.
- Capricorn — According to Astrology, “Sagittarius initiates projects after philosophical evaluation, while Capricorn takes more practical, factual approach.” These opposing methods can create stumbling blocks in communication and emotional connection.
- Taurus — “Sagittarius is always looking for the next best thing — Taurus could care less about opportunity if that means stepping out of their comfort zone,” Mesa says.
Capricorn (Dec. 22 to Jan. 19)
Since the tenth sign of the zodiac is half goat and half fish, it stands to reason that you would posses the traits of both creatures. As Astrology noted, “Capricorns are industrious, efficient, organized,” ruled by Earth. Anyone attempting to block your journey upstream probably won’t be a great marital match.
- Sagittarius — “Sagittarius can be a bit too blunt for Capricorn,” Wright says. The Archer’s tendency to be a straight-shooter doesn’t fly with the complex Sea-Goat.
- Gemini — “Gemini is a complete clown in Capricorn’s eyes,” Mesa says. “Their playful and fickle nature will instantly turn Capricorn off.”
- Aries — “They have a tendency to be too impulsive for Capricorn,” Wright says. “Capricorn is more deliberate and calculated and can find themselves in the role of ‘adult’ or ‘wet blanket’ with them.”
Aquarius (Jan. 20 to Feb. 18)
Despite the aquatic imagery, an Aquarius is actually an Air sign whose attention is captured by flights of fancy, according to What’s Your Sign. Your pixie-like personality can’t stand feeling stifled by significant others.
- Scorpio — “Aquarians are likely to divorce a Scorpio because of the jealousy factor,” Wright says. “Scorpios tend to want to ‘possess’ their mates.”
- Cancer — “Aquarius is a futuristic thinker and Cancer lives in the past,” Mesa tells Romper. “Aquarius is thinking logically while Cancer swims in their sea of emotions.”
- Virgo — In general, Virgos scrutinize everything and everyone. “Although Aquarius is loyal, they need to be free to be whoever and go wherever they want,” Wright shares with Romper.